Traditionally, we see dairy products like cream cheese and mayonnaise used in spinach artichoke dip. While it is indeed delicious, it is not the best for you. However, in this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe, all of the dairy products have been replaced with ingredients like silken tofu and nutritional yeast. Not only is it super tasty, but now Spinach Artichoke Dip can be healthy too!
Why Dairy Free?
First, cow’s milk is not made for us! Milk is made by the mother cows to feed their calves. Second, humans are the only mammals that consume the milk of other animals and we are the only animals that drink milk in adulthood. While dairy products can be a great source of protein, there may be other problems that come with consuming dairy.
You will enjoy this flavorful dip, which is perfect for entertaining, if you want to make the switch to being dairy-free or already have!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 12-ounce Package Silken Tofu drained
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 12-ounce Package Frozen Chopped Spinach thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 14-ounce Jar of Artichoke Hearts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, basil, parsley, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper a food processer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach, and pulse until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a small casserole dish, and smooth the top with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve warm with crackers, bread, or cut vegetables.
And there you have it. Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip, the perfect appetizer! You will definitely want to pull this recipe out for the next football game. It’s really yummy and will make all the football fans satisfied – without it being junk food!
Check Out Our Previous Recipe: Vegan Black Bean Chili
Find Us On:
Dairy Free Information: https://www.cleaneatingkitchen.com/health-reasons-to-go-dairy-free/