Do you have any Valentine’s Day plans? I love having a ‘galentine’s day’ party with my close girl friends where we can cozy up, watch a chick flick, and enjoy time together. I always like having something cute and sweet to serve, but everyone has dietary restrictions! Last year, I made a bunch of different little desserts to try and please everyone – with each being more complicated than the last. This year I am going to simplify my life with this easy diet-friendly Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie bound to make everyone happy.
Whether you are spending Valentine’s Day with your significant other, family, or by yourself, this Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie is the perfect way to enjoy a sweet treat without compromising on your health. Moreover, it does not have to be Valentine’s Day to enjoy this pizookie – it is a great dessert year round! You can use fresh raspberries when they’re in-season and frozen ones when they’re not. Either way, you will still be getting the great benefits from these nutritious berries.
One cup of Raspberries contains:
- Calories: 64
- Carbs: 14.7 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 1.5 grams
- Fat: 0.8 grams
- Vitamin C: 54% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 41% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 12% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 5% of the RDI
- B vitamins: 4–6% of the RDI
- Iron: 5% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 7% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI
- Potassium: 5% of the RDI
- Copper: 6% of the RDI
With such a great berry in this gluten-free, vegan, Paleo, and sugar-free dessert, we can all enjoy a guilt-less ‘guilty pleasure’ this year. Let me know what you think!
Gluten-Free Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil solid at room temperature, should be the same consistency as softened butter
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk room temperature, or 1 flax egg, to keep vegan, see Notes
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup (3oz.) Chopped Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 6″ cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bow, stir or beat the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Gently fold in the chopped chocolate and raspberries – it’s ok if the raspberries break up a little bit.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or the edges are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes. Serve warm – alone, or with whipped coconut cream or ice cream.
The perfect finish to this dessert is the ice cream. You can find vegan and sugar-free ice cream (I recomend vanila ice cream) at your local grocery store, or here on Amazon. Just imagine – warm Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie with cold vanilla ice cream just starting to melt over it. Mmmmm… it doesn’t get better than that!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
See my last recipe on Proscutto-Wrapped Asparagus:
Find Dr. Kilcup on: