Yes, this is kind of odd – a Vegan Hawaiian Cheese Ball??? Honestly, when I read the name of this recipe I was both intrigued, but also a little weirded out. It is definitely a unique option! Yet, after looking over the recipe further and seeing the dairy-free benefits and surprisingly tasty- looking photos, I was hooked!
Traditionally, you will find that a Hawaiian Cheese Ball is made with cream cheese and is eaten at Christmas and New Year celebrations. It’s a creamy and savory appetizer with fun pops of sweet pineapple. Unfortunately, though, it is traditionally too dairy-heavy for some of us to be able to enjoy it. However, with this recipe, even if you are Vegan or following a Paleo diet, you can still enjoy a yummy holiday snack!
How to Serve a Paleo Cheese Ball:
Often times the more dipping options the better, so these serving choices will be fun to play around with. Similarly, so is this recipe! Even plain, Cashew Cheese is delicious; you may even find yourself making it all the time!
Hawaiian Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 cups Raw Cashews soaked at least 2 hours, OR boiled for 5 minutes until tender
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt to taste
- 1 cup Crushed Pineapple drained
- 6 Medium Green Onions minced
- 1 1/4 cup Crushed Pecans
- Place cashews in a high-speed blender along with lemon juice and coconut oil. Blend until creamy. If the mixture seems mealy or dry add water 1 tablespoon at a time until creamy.
- Stir in seasoning salt, bell pepper, pineapple, green onions, and 1/4 cup crushed pecans.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap in a shallow bowl and place half of the mixture onto the plastic wrap. Form into a ball and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour (or until set enough to roll in pecans). Repeat with the remaining mix.
- After the balls are formed and firm roll them in crushed pecans. Store in refrigerator until ready to eat (it tastes best after chilling 24 hours). Serve with your favorite gluten-free crackers or bell pepper slices.
And there you have it, a Vegan Hawaiian Cheese Ball to mystify your friends and family this holiday season. You can even keep it our little secret that it’s vegan if you want to, or feel free to brag about it! Let me know what you think. I love hearing back from you guys!
See our previous recipe on Peppermint Chocolate Cookies:
Find us on:
Want more on Cashew Cheese? Look Here!