Creamy cashew butter…need I say more? For those of you who don’t like cashews, I’m sorry. Truly. God must have forgotten that taste bud for you poor souls. Regardless, you should still try this recipe because it is incredible. Desperation was once more my friend in its creation, and believe me when I say, I am so thankful for that desperate time. (Desperate times certainly can bring about some of the most delicious things…) Health freaks and non health freaks alike will all agree with me on this.
I had taken the MRT food sensitivity test, and cashews were one of the first few foods I was allowed to eat. (The diet they put you on for that really stretches your creativity skills and widens your knowledge on how to use food in its many forms. You’ll feel like a chef and an inventor and have a major confidence boost! It’s quite the experience.) Since I couldn’t have peanut or almond butter, my nut-butter-loving self was determined to still enjoy some form of thick, creamy goodness. Because of that, I am now able to present to you this delightful piece of heaven!
Creamy Cashew Butter
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Cups of Raw Cashews
- 1 TBS Sweetener of Choice*
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
*In the beginning of the MRT diet I could only have cane sugar as a sweetener, so I used organic cane sugar. You could use honey, agave, stevia, maple syrup (that would be amazing!!), or even leave the sweetener out completely.
- Preheat oven to 400* and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, pour all ingredients in and stir until the cashews are all coated.
- Once mixed, dump cashews onto the cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. (I accidentally left my cashews in a bit long, which is why the cashew butter in the pictures is so dark. Don’t worry though, as long as they aren’t burnt your butter will still taste amazing!)
- After they are done in the oven, leave them on the stove to cool.
- As soon as they are cool enough to the touch, pop one in your mouth (do it, you can thank me later). 😉
- Pour cashews into a large food processor and mix until creamy. This may take a few (or several) minutes, so blend for awhile and then give your food processor a break so it doesn’t overheat. It’s usually creamy in 5-10 minutes. The stages go from chunky, to powder, to dough, and then it should spread out as pictured. If you want it extra smooth just keep processing until you get to the consistency you like. I prefer mine to have some texture so I let it go through those stages twice (from dough to spread to dough to spread). If all of that just confused you, don’t worry, it will make sense as you do it. 🙂
- Store in a small mason jar or Tupperware and keep in the fridge. It should last over 2 weeks, but it’s usually gone by then in this house.
Enjoy!!! It’s perfect paired with fruit (apples and bananas are my favorite), on toast or rice cakes, on oatmeal, on banana pancakes (basically heaven), in cookie recipes, or simply on a spoon.