When I switched to being gluten-free it was before gluten-free bread was good. If you have been GF for awhile, you know the card board type breads I’m referring to! Around that time, I found Collard Greens. I didn’t use them for flavor, because they have none, but rather because they hold a sandwich together really well. These healthy Paleo Pinwheels use Collard Greens in place of the traditional flour tortilla. This means that they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and are a good source of protein.
How to prep the Collard Green Leaf:
- Lay your chosen leaf stem side facing up on a large cutting board.
- Using a large knife, slide it carefully into the raised part of the stem, keeping the knife parallel with your cutting board and the leaf. Slide the knife down the length of the stem so’s to “thin” the stem. Without cutting a hole in the leaf, we’re aiming to keep the stem as thin as the leaf itself.
- Food Processor if making Paleo Cream Cheese Spread
For the Paleo Dill Cream Cheese Spread:
- 1 cup Raw Cashews soaked in 1.5 cups of cool water for at least 4 hours, drained
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice about 1.5 lemons
- 1 tbsp Dried Dill Weed fresh works too!
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
For the Wraps:
- 4 large Collard Green leaves stems shaved
- 6-8 oz Shaved Turkey your favorite homemade or deli variety
- 6-8 oz Shaved Beef your favorite homemade or deli variety
- Dill Pickles
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onions
- For the Paleo Dill Cream Cheese Spread, add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Blend on high for 1 minute, stop to scrape down the sides, and blend for an additional 2 minutes, or until creamy. Note: if your spread is too thick, add 1/2 teaspoon of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- For the wraps, spoon 1/4th of the sauce onto the backside (stem side) of a collard leaf. Top with 1/4th of the meat plus any bonus add-on's. Roll the wrap so that the stem spans the length of the whole roll.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the wrap into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Chill until serving and then enjoy!
I hope you love these Healthy Paleo Pinwheels! See some of my other appetizer recipes: Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Vegan Hawaiian Cheese Ball, Gluten-Free Cauliflower Wings and Healthy Pineapple Salsa. If you make it, share about it – you can tag us on Social Media.
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief
- Fat Loss
- Skin Health
- Cognitive Function
You you should try out our Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems and a lot more. It is affordable, proven to work, and has no side effects.