I love stuffed mushrooms! They are delicious little bundles of flavor and the perfect appetizer. These Keto Stuffed Mushrooms are a great way to have a delectable and healthy snack to serve. If you are vegan or vegetarian, the cheese and sausage can easily be switched out for plant based alternatives like Daiya and Gardein.
The Power of Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a great powerhouse food. They are fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Nutritional benefits vary depending on the type of mushroom, but overall are full of the following beneficial ingredients. They are a great source of antioxidants which help with boosting the immune system and protect from aging. Mushrooms are rich in the antioxidant called selenium – and are the best source of this mineral in the produce aisle. B Vitamins – perfect for heart health, digestion, skin, and more – are also abundant in mushrooms. They also have copper and potassium, which are more minerals that your body needs to function properly. Read more about mushroom health benefits here. Those are just some of the wonderful benefits you get when you have mushrooms in your regular diet. I hope you enjoy this recipe, as it is good for you and very very yummy!
Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Cooked Sausage drained
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella
- 16 ounces Portobello Mushrooms small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cooked, drained sausage with the cream cheese and mozzarella, set aside.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and remove the stems. You can use a metal 1/2 teaspoon to hollow out a little more of the inside of the mushroom but that is optional.
- Stuff the mushroom with the sausage cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let them cool for 3-5 minutes as they will be hot!
- Make sure to use brick-style cream cheese in these sausage stuffed mushrooms. Low fat or regular will work, just make sure it’s brick-style.
- You can stuff the mushrooms, then refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake and serve. Great when prepping for guests!
If you liked this Keto Stuffed Mushrooms recipe, please check out my last recipe on delicious paleo vegan Apricot Bars. They are healthy and yet the perfect dessert bar you crave!