What is a faux-tato? It’s a fake potato! These ‘potatoes’ are actually made out of daikon radishes. Since potatoes are very high in carbs, they are not on the list of keto-friendly foods. A daikon has 2.9g of carbs, compared to the potatoes’ 37g of carbs. Making radishes a good replacement for those who are paleo or keto and carve a potato-like side dish. These roasted faux-tatoes will help with your craving for potatoes!
While the keto diet has been becoming more and more popular as the decade has gone on, who it was originally made for may surprise you. It was originally invented for children with epilepsy. The low carb high fat diet helped reduce the number of seizures in the children tested, and is still used as a treatment option for those with epilepsy. The current hype, however, is that a keto diet can help you shed pounds fast. It is not meant to be a long-term eating plan, but can be modified as time goes on to more of a paleo whole-foods diet to stay better nutrition-wise. Either way, this recipe is still a really great healthy option for you and your loved ones!
- 1 1/2-2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Daikon Radish, peeled & sliced crosswise roughly 1 1/2 lbs
- 1/4 medium White Onion very thinly sliced crosswise
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Turn your heat down to low and add in the radish and onion slices, seasoning with a bit of salt as you layer them.
- Stir occasionally until tender, silky smooth and fully cooked (40-60 minutes, depending on size and thickness). Feel free to slice them ultra thin and cook them longer for crisp edges!
- Drain the radishes and onions once cooked (you can discard the onions if you wish) and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these yummy roasted faux-tatoes! Let me know what you think in the comments or by tagging us on social media. Come back next week for another flavorful healthy recipe.
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief: Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Post workout
- Skin/Hair: Wrinkles, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Stretch marks
- Eye Health: Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, age related decline, Dry Eye
- Cognitive Function: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Stroke, TBI
- Thyroid: Male and Female Hormones
Then you you should try out new Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems, and a lot more. Read THIS for More Information!