Not only are brussel sprouts in season right now, but they are also a low carb vegetable! This makes them the perfect veggie for anyone on a keto diet, plus this recipe only has 6 grams net carbs. And now you can take brussel sprouts up a notch by adding the two best ingredients in the world – cheese and bacon! Over all, this Creamy Keto Brussel Sprout Casserole recipe will be a big hit with those on a keto diet and even those who are non-keto. Enjoy!
Clean Keto vs Dirty Keto
When doing a keto diet, there are two ways of doing it. The clean way and the ‘dirty way’. The clean way focuses on eating whole foods from quality sources (like grass-fed beef, pasture-raised pork, free-range eggs, wild-caught seafood and lots vegetables). This will benefit you much more than doing dirty keto, which is basically anything low-carb, high-fat. This recipe will be a good balance, and can be paired with a necessary clean keto main dish like meat loaf from grass-fed beef. Overall, it will let you enjoy a cheesy side dish without feeling deprived!
Creamy Keto Brussel Sprouts Casserole with Bacon
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts halved
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt scant, not quite full, divided into 2 parts
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper divided into 2 parts
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup Bacon Bits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line two 9×13 in (23×33 cm) pans with foil, parchment paper, or silicone mats.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil. Season with half of the sea salt and black pepper. Arrange on the pans in a single layer. Roast side-by-side for 35-45 minutes, rotating halfway through, until edges are browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove. Add the almond milk and heavy cream. Heat again until hot.
- Stir in one cup (2/3 of the recipe) of the shredded cheddar cheese, until melted. Season with the remaining sea salt and black pepper.
- When the brussels sprouts are finished roasting, transfer them into a smaller 8×11 in (20×28 cm) or 9×9 in (23×23 cm) pan (line it unless it's ceramic or stoneware). Pour the sauce over the brussels sprouts. Sprinkle bacon bits and the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Keto Brussel Sprout Casserole recipe! Please come back next week for another healthy and yummy recipe on Banana Bread, both keto and paleo. Have a great day!
See my last recipe on a Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie that is Gluten-Free and Paleo:
Find Dr. Kilcup on: