Chicken strips have been around forever. They are such a simple yet delicious meal that makes them a beloved family-friendly meal. However, for me, it is all about the dipping sauces! I love buffalo sauce, ranch, and – included in the recipe below – honey mustard. These gluten-free chicken strips will go perfectly with your sauces, and be the non-cheat ‘cheat meal’ that you need.
Those with celiac disease, a wheat allergy, or gluten sensitivity know how gluten can impact them negatively. Moreover, some of the drawbacks include headaches, bloating, abdominal pain, brain fog, and constipation. Even if you haven’t been tested, going gluten-free can have benefits like weight loss and improved Gi-health. It is also important to look at the nutrition facts and ingredients of GF foods. Sometimes, to improve the taste, there will be not-so-great additives. Thankfully, with this recipe, you are pretty safe!
Gluten-Free Chicken Strips
- 8 Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Rice Flour
- 2 large Eggs whisked
- splash Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 cups GF Rice Cereal
- 1 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Whole Grain or Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey may add more for taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take out 3 shallow, flat-bottomed containers. I used some rectangular glass Tupperware. In the first bowl, add the rice flour. The eggs and non-dairy milk go in the second bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the cereal and spices. Pulse multiple times until it resembles bread crumbs. Add this mixture to the third bowl.
- Take a chicken tender and dip into the rice flour, making sure it's completely coated. Add the tender to the egg mixture and let any excess drip off into the container. Lastly, dip the tender into the cereal-herb mixture, making sure that is completely coated well with no bare spots at all.
- Transfer the covered chicken tender to the baking sheet, and repeat this process with the remaining chicken.
- If you have some sort of cooking spray, be sure to spray the top of the tenders. If you do not, do not worry about it; it will just help them brown a bit more.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes on the top rack. Turn the oven to a high broil for 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook for an additional 4 minutes at 425 again. Return the temperature to a high broil and broil for the last 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with honey mustard sauce.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, mustards, honey, and garlic powder. Taste for and add salt and pepper to preference.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one 1 week.
I hope you like this recipe for gluten-free chicken strips! Paired with this honey mustard or another sauce, these chicken strips will be a delicious meal even for picky eaters. Let me know what you think in the comments or by tagging us on social media! Check out my other recipes to get more healthy options that you’ll love!
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief: Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Post workout
- Skin/Hair: Wrinkles, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Stretch marks
- Eye Health: Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, age related decline, Dry Eye
- Cognitive Function: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Stroke, TBI
- Thyroid: Male and Female Hormones
Then you you should try out new Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems, and a lot more. Read THIS for More Information!