My family really loves enchilada casserole and my mom has been making it for as long as I can remember. This Healthy Enchilada Casserole recipe not only tastes authentic, but can also be made two ways – Beef or Chicken. And I know what authentic Mexican food should taste like! My father emigrated from Mexico, so I am a first generation American. My family also usually visits Mexico at lease once a year and we are big foodies, so we tend to eat our way through tons of tacos, tamales, and enchiladas. Between that, and just living in the Southwest, I consider my opinions on Mexican food pretty refined.
Usually, I base the recipes I share off of ones that have already been made, but this one comes directly from my family and is near to my heart. Naturally, once we realized we had to eat healthier, the recipe had to be tweaked in order to fit our needs. After a little trial and error, we settled on the recipe you see before you. It is a huge hit in my home and think it will be in yours too – Buen Provecho!
Healthy Enchilada Casserole
- 1 lb Grass-fed Organic Beef or Organic Chicken
- 1 jar Organic Enchilada Sauce red or green
- 1 pack Corn Totillas or Grain-Free alternative*
- 1 bag Shredded Cheese or equivalent in grated cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped Green Onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook the beef/chicken in a pan until fully done.
- Pour a little bit of desired sauce in a 13" x 9" glass casserole dish so that it barely covers the bottom.
- Add tortillas on top of the sauce lasagna style so that they barely overlap – should be about 6-8 tortillas. Pour a little more sauce onto tortillas.
- Add cooked meat in a layer on on top of sauce and tortillas. Add more sauce.
- Add tortillas the same way as step 4. Pour the rest of the sauce. Top with cheese.
- Put in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with chopped green onion (optional) and serve when cooled.
Best Sauce Options
I have tried both of these sauces and can confirm that they taste good and work really well for this Healthy Enchilada Casserole recipe. Best if used with the red sauce for Beef and the green sauce for Chicken.
Read More: How to make the best Healthy Guacamole
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief
- Fat Loss
- Skin Health
- Cognitive Function
You you should try out our Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems and a lot more. It is affordable, proven to work, and has no side effects.