Elote is a delicious Mexican street food with corn as the star ingredient. Combined with chili powder and lime, this dish becomes a mouth-watering snack that you will want again and again. Normally, elote is served on a stick, but you can also forgo that option. Esquites are almost the exact same as elotes, but the corn is removed from the cob; a little chicken broth is added, and it is topped with the same thing that goes on the elotes: mayo, cheese, and chili powder. This recipe will help you get true Latin flavors without some of the traditional ‘unhealthy’ ingredients. I hope you enjoy my take on the classic dish with this healthy, authentic elote recipe!
Healthy Alternative Elote
- 4 ears of Corn
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise soy-oil free (vegan optional)
- 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1/2 Lime
- Hot Sauce like Cholula
- Chili Powder
- Wooden sticks optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Shuck the corn, remove the silk and stalk. Add corn to water, cover and cook for 5 minutes, then remove.
- When corn is cool enough to touch but still warm, insert wooden stick into core as a handle.
- Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese and squeeze of lime wedge. Add hot sauce and chili powder to taste.
- Repeat with remaining ears of corn and serve.
I hope you like this healthy authentic elote recipe! Let me know what you think in the comments or on social media.
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief: Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Post workout
- Skin/Hair: Wrinkles, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Stretch marks
- Eye Health: Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, age related decline, Dry Eye
- Cognitive Function: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Stroke, TBI
- Thyroid: Male and Female Hormones
Then you you should try out new Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems, and a lot more. Read THIS for More Information!