This season, don’t sit on the dessert sidelines – enjoy the party! This decadent and healthy Dark Chocolate dessert bar will make sure you don’t feel left out of the sweet festivities. Since this treat is dairy-free, gluten-free, and low sugar, you will enjoy this treat without breaking your New Year’s resolution before it even begins!
Dark Chocolate Benefits:
WebMD says this about Dark Chocolate: “Cocoa is rich in flavanols, which are plant chemicals that are great for health.” See? Not all chocolate is bad! Dark chocolate has no milk in it, as opposed to milk chocolate, and the darker the chocolate, the more health benefits you are getting, and the less sugar. Altogether, this means you can still enjoy chocolate even with dietary needs and a health-centered mindset.
Walnuts and Dates Benefits:
Walnuts are a notably nutritious nut! They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3s and they also promote a healthy gut. That plus the added crunch on this delightful dessert makes it the perfect addition to this easy-to-make dessert. Dates are high in fiber and an excellent natural sweetener, making this low sugar dessert still sweet and yummy!
Dark Chocolate-Walnut Date Bar
- Food Processor
- 1 tbs Raw Unrefined Coconut Oil plus more for brushing pan
- 1 3/4 cups Walnut Pieces
- 2 cups Chopped Dates
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Brush a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with oil and line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on long sides.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups walnuts, dates, peanut butter, vanilla, and kosher salt until finely chopped and mixture holds together. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and lightly knead to pack together; pat into an 8-inch square. Refrigerate until firm, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate with oil. Halve nut mixture and press one part into loaf pan. Drizzle with half of chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate just begins to set, 10 minutes.
- Press in remaining nut mixture and spread with remaining chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts and flaky salt. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. To serve, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes, then remove from pan using parchment before slicing.
And there you have it! A Healthy Dark Chocolate Dessert Bar for all your holiday party needs. I hope you will enjoy this recipe & if you do please let me know in the comments below! I really appreciate it and I love hearing from you all.
See my last recipe on Cauliflower Wings:
Dark Chocolate Benefits WebMD Article: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-dark-chocolate#1