This no-bake Key Lime Pie recipe is the perfect refreshing and tangy dessert you were looking for! It is vegan, gluten-free, and paleo as well, making it not only scrumptious, but also a guilt-free dessert you and your family will love. Plus, the iconic green does not come from artificial colors or flavors, but rather from a great secret ingredient – avocados!
Avocados are an amazing fruit (not vegetable!), with more potassium than a banana and powerful antioxidants. The lime is the main star in this dessert, but the avocado is the director holding it all together. Together, the lime and avocado are a great combination because the lime will keep the avocado from turning brown – keeping the perfect green color intact – and the avocado will be the main base of the pie. Want more information on avocado’s special health benefits? Read more here on WebMD.
Key Lime Pie
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Almonds
- 3/4 cup Pitted Dates
- Pinch Pink Salt (optional)
- 1 tsp Ground Vanilla Beans or extract (optional)
- Splash of Water to help blend (if needed)
- 2 Medium Ripe Avocados
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup Fresh Key Lime Juice from about 2 large limes
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil melted
- Zest for Garnishing
- Pulse crust ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form.
- Press into parchment lined 7" springform pan or pie dish. Set aside to prepare filling.
- Rinse food processor & put in 2 avocados. Blend thoroughly. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in lime juice, zest, syrup, vanilla & salt. Taste & adjust.
- Stream in melted coconut oil.
- Pour over crust.
- Garnish with zest and lime slices.
- Place in fridge for several hours to set. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this no-bake Key Lime Pie! If you make it, tag us in your creation’s photo @drkilcup on Instagram. I love hearing for you guys!
Come back next week for another perfect St. Patrick’s Day recipe – Corned Beef and Cabbage – the quintessential St. Patty’s Day meal, but made Paleo and Keto!
See my last recipe on Paleo Scalloped Potatoes:
Find Dr. Kilcup on: