Bananas are a great fruit! They contain vitamins and minerals like potassium and vitamins B6 and C. As well, bananas have a little fiber and can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Yet, they have a high amount of carbs – something people on a keto diet must avoid. In the recipes bellow, you will learn how to make both Keto and Paleo Banana Bread so that whatever diet plan you are on, you can enjoy the delicious flavor of bananas.
Another reason bananas are perfect for right now, is that they are in season! This means you’re getting fresher bananas for your yummy banana bread. The paleo banana bread recipe will use real bananas, unlike the keto banana bread which will have a special ingredient – banana extract! Banana extract is perfect for keto recipes because it has no carbs, no calories, and is sugar-free, but will still give you that perfect banana flavor you are craving. Enjoy!
Keto Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Butter dairy free, if needed
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sweetener of Choice monk fruit, erythritol, etc.
- 4 large Eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp Banana Extract
- 6 tbsp Greek Yogurt can use sour cream
- 1/4 cup Walnuts optional
- 1/4 cup Keto Chocolate Chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Prepare a 9 x 4 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine your softened butter and sweetener and whisk together, until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, before adding the banana extract and yogurt and whisking it all together, until smooth.
- Combine your wet and dry mixture and mix well, until combined. Fold through your chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer to the lined pan. Cover the pan completely in aluminium tin foil.
- Bake the banana bread for 45-50 minutes, removing the tin foil around the 40 minute mark, for the tops to brown. Remove from the oven once the center is mostly set.
- Let the bread cool in the pan completely, before slicing. Enjoy!
Paleo Banana Bread
- 2 Large Overripe Bananas 1 cup, mashed
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 2 tbs Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×4” baking pan (you can use a 9×5” pan but your loaf will be thinner and baking time will be less) with parchment paper and grease. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon). Set aside.
- In a large, glass mixing bowl melt together coconut oil and almond butter (for about 1 minute on high), stir until combined.
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add eggs and stir until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing the loaf from the pan to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
I hope you like those fun and delicious banana bread recipes! Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either or both of them. Let me know what you think, and if you make one please tag us in your pictures! I would love to see your beautiful and healthy creations.
Come back every week for more healthy and tasty recipes!
See my last recipe on a Creamy Keto Brussel Sprout Casserole with Bacon:
Find Dr. Kilcup on: