It is no secret that I love coffee, and specifically special holiday drinks to match the season. One of the classics of the holiday that I love a ton is the Peppermint Mocha. However, the original drink is loaded with sugar – 54g in a Grande! Thankfully this Copycat Peppermint Mocha is a healthier and paleo alternative to the Starbucks version. You can now enjoy it during December or any month of the year – I won’t judge!
Reasons To Love This Recipe:
- It’s made with 5 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes.
- No espresso machine required.
- A cozy paleo and vegan drink that everyone will love!
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite sweetener. Here are some options and amounts:
- Stevia: 3-5 drops of this liquid stevia. Use this sweetener for a sugar free peppermint mocha.
- Honey: 1-2 tablespoons. This will change the flavor, but does make this drink paleo.
- Sugar: 1-2 tablespoons of coconut sugar. You will need to whisk this longer, making sure the sugar dissolves completely.
Can I Use Espresso?
Absolutely! You can use 2-4 shots of espresso, ½ cup strongly brewed coffee or 2-4 teaspoons instant coffee. Decaf too.
Copycat Starbuck Peppermint Mocha
- 3 cups Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed Coffee or 4 shots Espresso
- 1-3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/8th tsp Peppermint Extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk until it starts to steam.
- While the milk is heating, stir together the coffee, cacao powder, maple syrup, and mint extract. Pour into the milk and whisk to combine.
- Serve in mugs topped with (optional) coconut whipped cream and crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
I hope you love this Copycat Peppermint Mocha! See my other Copycat recipes: Gingerbread Latte and Pumpkin Spice Latte. If you make it, share about it – you can tag us on Social Media.
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief
- Fat Loss
- Skin Health
- Cognitive Function
You you should try out our Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems and a lot more. It is affordable, proven to work, and has no side effects.