Halloween is almost upon us!
These adorable Paleo Ghost Truffles will be perfect for your Halloween party or just for you and your family! They are Paleo and Vegan as well as super easy to make.
They mostly consist of chopped pecans, coconut butter, and chocolate. To get their white ‘ghostly’ look, each truffle is dipped in coconut butter, rolled in unsweetened shredded coconut, and given a cute chocolate chip face.
What is Paleo?
A paleo-diet is a dietary plan that is based on foods that would be similar to what was eaten during the Paleolithic era (think cavemen!). As well, a paleo-diet typically includes lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds — while limiting foods that include dairy, legumes, and grains.
When compared to other eating plans during trials, the paleo diet has shown it may provide some benefits when compared. These benefits may include: more weight loss, improved glucose tolerance, better blood pressure control, lower triglycerides, and better appetite management. Information on the Paleo Diet comes from the Mayo Clinic.
This recipe is a healthier alternative to the other dessert options you will face this holiday season, thanks to its paleo ingredients. I hope you, your friends, and family enjoy!
Paleo Ghost Truffles
- 2/3 cup Raw pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Cacao paste or 100% dark, unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Semisweet mini chocolate chips – Dairy/Soy-Free Brand
- Melt the cacao paste slowly in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- Mix in the chopped pecans, 4 tablespoons of melted coconut butter (reserve the remaining ¼ cup for dipping), honey, vanilla extract and salt, until all ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your hands, shape each truffle into 1-inch balls. The batter will be slightly crumbly, so shape each truffle gently and set it on the pan.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the center of each truffle and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Dip chilled truffles, one at the time, in melted coconut butter, then roll in shredded coconut. Set truffles back on the parchment paper.
- Press three chocolate chips into each truffle to create a cute face.
- Keep refrigerated as the coconut butter melts at temperatures above 72°F.
And there you have it. Paleo Ghost Truffles for your Halloween fun! However, if you’re not wanting to make the Paleo Truffles into little ghosties, however, you can view the original truffle recipe – which has the full ghost-free dessert – making it good for all year round!
See Ghost-Free Recipe: https://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/chocolate-pecan-crunch-truffles/
Let me know what you think in the comments bellow, I love hearing from you guys!
See Our Previous Recipe on How to Make a Dark Chocolate Walnut Date Bar: