Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies… that almost sounds like a joke! However, if you are trying to be healthier, but still want an easy dessert, then this recipe is the one for you. They take only 10 minutes to bake and only need 3 ingredients – it doesn’t get easier than that. For more easy, tasty, and health-conscious recipes, look HERE.
Does Sugar-Free Always Mean Healthier?
If you said yes, you may be wrong. In a lot of cases, sugar is substituted with alternatives that are just as bad or worse for you. Some of those artificial alternatives are: aspartame, sucralose, and acesulfame K. You can find those in a lot of beverages and desserts that are listed as ‘sugar-free’. Natural Sweeteners, which are better than refined and artificial sweeteners, are: honey, molasses, maple syrup, and fruit juices & nectars.
“… refined, concentrated sugar consumed in large amounts rapidly increases blood glucose and insulin levels, increases triglycerides, inflammatory mediators and oxygen radicals, and with them, the risk for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other chronic illnesses,” – Dr. Ludwig
Best Sugar Substitute Options
The following are all ones I have used and like:
Any of the sugar substitiutes listed above are great options and will work for these Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies. You can also find one of your own here!
Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Almond Butter or any nut or seed butter of choice
- 3/4 cup Sugar Substitute see notes
- 1 large Egg room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form small balls on the cookie sheet, spread 3-4 inches apart. Press each ball into a cookie shape and press down with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are 'just' golden brown but still soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief: Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Post workout
- Skin/Hair: Wrinkles, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Stretch marks
- Eye Health: Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, age related decline, Dry Eye
- Cognitive Function: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Stroke, TBI
- Thyroid: Male and Female Hormones
Then you you should try out new Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems, and a lot more. Read THIS for More Information!