For me, once Fall is here, I think that it is the perfect time for warm, delicious soup. Something about cold weather and good soup is meant to be together! I hope you and your family will enjoy this Healthy Butternut Squash Soup that is both dairy-free and gluten-free this season. It’s exciting ginger and tantalizing curry flavors will take you around the globe as they tickle your taste buds.
Bone Broth makes a great addition to this recipe with 9 grams of protein per each one cup serving! Bone Broth is also very nutritious from vitamins like calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous as well as collagen which helps to provide the body with amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins. This may also help with conditions such as leaky gut, which irritates the mucosal lining in the intestines and interferes with the body’s ability to digest food.
Healthy Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 4 cups peeled and cubed Butternut Squash (I used 3 bags of the precut butternut squash from Trader Joe's)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Bone Broth (Original Author Recommends Pacific Foods Bone Broth)
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup full fat Coconut Milk (from the can)
- In a large soup pot, heat ghee or coconut oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add ginger, squash, curry powder and salt and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add broth and pumpkin and increase heat to high. Once mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After mixture is cool, blend with an immersion blender or a high-speed blender.
- Drizzle coconut milk onto bowls right before serving and ENJOY!
And there you have it! Healthy Butternut Squash Soup, a delicious and nutritious fall recipe to enjoy this season and more seasons to come. Stay tuned for next week’s autumn recipe, which will be perfect for the Pumpkin Spice fans out there!
Please check out the other Recipes and Articles here, all designed to point you toward a healthy lifestyle and enlighten you on better taking care of your body. Lastly, thank you so much for reading and make sure you have a great week!
See our last recipe: HOW TO MAKE TWO INGREDIENT SALAD DRESSING
Medical Bone Broth Information: What are the benefits of bone broth?