On Saturday morning, Sarah and I decided we needed some gluten free chocolate muffins. So, of course, the only logical thing to do was make them! A friend of mine had given me a recipe for gluten free chocolate chips muffins (that were divine), and with a few little adjustments they were suddenly a chocoholic’s dream come true.
The recipe is super simple to throw together, and these heavenly babes bake for just 15 minutes! They are extremely filling, and satisfy even the most passionate of chocolate lovers. I should know. Gluten free, refined sugar free, nut-free, dairy free, and yet somehow still incredible delicious. Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Breakfast Muffins
Serves: 15 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (regular oats blended in a blender, or you can buy at a store)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats*
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey (or add to taste, you may need a little more)
- 1 cup veggie oil (we used avocado oil)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life)
*We didn’t have quick oats on hand, so we just added a 1/4 cup more of old fashioned oats)
- Preheat oven to 375* F and line regular sized muffin tins with paper cups.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Then add vanilla extract, eggs, honey, and veggie oil and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy with some milk of choice and you will have a delightful start to your weekend! 🙂
And yes, the crazed look in her eyes is normal. 😉