Pumpkin Pie is my personal favorite pie! Especially for this time of year, it is a classic choice for most people. But, if you’re like me, you probably want to still enjoy a nice dessert while still eating healthier. This ‘Best Paleo Pumpkin Pie’ recipe is free from High Fructose Corn Syrup, refined sugars, gluten, dairy, and overly processed ingredients.
Pumpkin Health Benefits
Did you know a Pumpkin is considered a fruit? It’s true! However, they are actually nutritionally closer to a vegetable. One of the nutrients found in pumpkin is Vitamin A – and there is a ton of it. There is 245% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) in one cup of cooked pumpkin. That is really impressive! Read more HERE
Best Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour sifted
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Palm Oil Shortening cold or grassfed butter/combination of both
- 1 Tbsp Maple Sugar or Coconut Sugar*
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt fine grain
- 1 Egg
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk blended
- 6 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or a tbsp or 2 more if you'd like it sweeter
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- 2 large Eggs room temp
- 1 Egg Yolk room temp
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse all crust ingredients EXCEPT egg to create thick crumbs, then pulse/process in the egg until a dough forms.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and chill in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes prior to rolling or pressing into your pie dish.
- To get the dough into your pie dish, you can either:– Roll out the dough into a circle between two sheets of parchment. Place your pie dish upside-down over the dough, then using the bottom parchment paper, flip the dough into the dish. Finish by pressing it into the bottom and sides of the pie dish to fit – this dough will break easily since it lacks gluten, however it also repairs incredibly easily and can withstand a lot of manipulation without affecting the final product!**– If you don't wish to roll out the dough (or find it tricky) you can simply press evenly into 9 inch pie dish using your hands. Be patient and refrigerate dough as needed to make it easier to work with**
- Once pressed into the pie dish, gently pierce the dough with a fork all over so it doesn't puff up while baking.
- Bake pie crust in 9” pie dish in the 375 degree oven for 10 minutes until bottom is set, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before pouring in filling.
- Whisk all ingredients except eggs, then whisk in eggs and egg yolk 1 at a time, don’t overmix.
- Pour filling into partially baked crust, spreading it all around to seal edges. Cover crust with aluminum foil and bake (at 375 degrees F) for 55-65 minutes or until center is nearly set (still a bit jiggly) and crust is deep golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature to avoid excessive cracking of the filling. Once cooled, serve, or, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days prior to serving. Serve topped with coconut whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Now you’re ready to enjoy the Best Paleo Pumpkin Pie! If you use this recipe, let us know what you think by commenting or sharing your pictures online and tagging us.
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief: Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Post workout
- Skin/Hair: Wrinkles, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Stretch marks
- Eye Health: Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, age related decline, Dry Eye
- Cognitive Function: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Stroke, TBI
- Thyroid: Male and Female Hormones
Then you you should try out new Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems, and a lot more. Read THIS for More Information!