Perfect for spring, you’re going to love how easy this Paleo Strawberry Shortcake recipe is! It is an almond flour shortcake topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream – a lot better option compared to the shortcakes you are used to. Due to the almond flour, these cakes are gluten-free. In addition, this recipe uses maple syrup instead of processed sugar to help keep this desert sweet, while also keeping you on the healthier path.
Benefits of Strawberries
Strawberries increase HDL (good) cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and guard against cancer. These are powerhouse fruits is delicious little heart shaped packages! As well, strawberries are a good source of manganese, potassium, and vitamin C. In fact, just eight strawberries provide more vitamin C than an orange! Read more HERE.
Paleo Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 1/4 cups super fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, measure out the dough. Use your hands to form a round shortcake about 2 inches thick. Place each one onto the prepared baking sheet and press down slightly. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes or until the centers are cooked and the tops start to crack.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- When you're ready to serve your paleo strawberry shortcake, top each paleo shortcake with a heaping spoonful of strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream (or dairy-free whipped cream to keep it strict paleo).
- Store leftover biscuits in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- When measuring almond flour, spoon almond flour into your measuring cup and level it. Don’t scoop and level.
- You can use honey in place of the maple syrup in this recipe.
I hope you liked this yummy Paleo Strawberry Shortcake recipe. Come back next week for my latest healthy recipe, with a new one every Wednesday. See my last recipe on Easy Baked Kale Chips!
Find Us On:
If you need help with:
- Pain Relief: Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Post workout
- Skin/Hair: Wrinkles, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Stretch marks
- Eye Health: Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, age related decline, Dry Eye
- Cognitive Function: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Stroke, TBI
- Thyroid: Male and Female Hormones
Then you you should try out new Red Light Therapy! It can help these problems, and a lot more. Read this for more information: