When I started my practice in 1993 I had one goal to build my practice. That plan was to spoil my patients so they would stick with me and that they would recommend me to their friends and family.
So What Does This Kind of Care Look Like?
The minute a patient walks through the office door he or she is greeted by name, with a smile, a kind word and offered a bottle of water.
Comprehensive and Complete
- History and Exam
- I personally get a complete, comprehensive history from every patient. When was the last time a doctor sat down with you and took the time to ask questions and listen to you to understand your problem?
- I personally perform a comprehensive exam on every patient. I often hear during the exam that the patients other doctor has never done anything like my exam. Patients frequently tell me I’m the first doctor to even touch them. Each patient is examined for range of motion, tenderness, spinal function, reflex function, sensory dermatome intactness, orthopedic tests, muscle spasm, strength and flexibility, swelling, fascia flexibility, blood pressure, pulse, height and weight. If warranted studies like x-ray, MRI, CT or blood tests are ordered. There are other examination procedures patients may need depending on their problems. The point is nothing is assumed in your care. I make sure that what is wrong is clearly understood.
- When you come to my office you’re not going to find a parking lot full of cars. The minimum treatment time my patients receive is 15 minutes. I personally perform all the chiropractic treatment. On every visit I review all my patients problems to see how they are doing. The treatment is literally customized every visit to make sure it is exactly what my patient needs on that visit.
- Because office visits are not rushed it gives my patient and I time to figure out if there are activities that are contributing to their problem. Often together my patients and I discover keys that are important to getting them better quicker and keeping them better longer.
- No funny stuff. I’m very selective in the treatments I adopt. While I remain open-minded in evaluating new treatments I am also skeptical. Bottom line if after evaluating a treatment I personally would not pay for it I don’t use it on my patients.
- Over the years I’ve mastered many treatments. Today I mix and match to come up with the best treatment for each patient. I don’t make my patients fit into my treatment, but instead I make the treatment fit the patient.
- When a person has pain from the musculoskeletal part of their body there are usually three major structures that aren’t working right. The muscle, joint and fascia to varying degrees usually have something wrong that has led to the pain. Every patient, every visit has all three of these systems evaluated and treated. Most providers focus on just one of these systems. Generally chiropractor’s focus on the joints, physical therapists focus on the muscles and no one addresses the fascia.
- Because of the comprehensive nature of the treatment the majority of my patients get better pretty quick and they often stay better longer.
My patients get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. This means that I’m careful that patients know what they can expect from a test or treatment before we get started. There is nothing more important to me than my relationship with my patients. I love getting my patients answers to their health questions. If I don’t know or if I’m not sure about something I’m quick to make that clear to my patients. If it would be best for my patient to see a different doctor I’m happy to refer my patients. Bottom line is I want to treat my patients that way I would want to be treated if I was the patient.
What Kinds of Conditions do We Treat?
- Neck and Back Pain
- Regardless of the cause, the way neck and back pain is fixed is pretty much the same. This includes car accidents, sports injuries and chronic pain.
- This article goes into depth on how we fix neck and back pain
- Migraine Headaches
- Tension Headaches
- Disc Problems
- Some Sinus Problems
- Some Kinds of Ear Pain
Who Do We Treat?
One of the things I really enjoy is treating whole families. While Mom or Dad usually come in first it isn’t long until I get to help the entire family. I’ve adjusted children as young as the day they were born and I have patients in their 90’s.
One of my most favorite categories to treat is pregnant patients. There are special needs pregnant patients have that chiropractic care is a great fit for. Plus I think my pregnant patients are like super hero’s! Just think they are making a brand new person. How cool is that!
How Much Does This Kind of Care Cost?
- Please contact the office to find out exactly what your out-of-pocket cost is. We have patients with regular Medicare, workman’s compensation, auto med-pay and patients that simply pay out-of-pocket. Due to the high deductibles of most out of network insurance, we are no longer accepting general insurance.
- More and more of my patients don’t have insurance of any kind. I wrote about the reasons for that HERE. I work hard to honor the choice these patients have made to choose me as their doctor.
Darrell Kilcup, DC, CFMP
Hi there! I’m Dr. Kilcup. You know that health problem you’ve been dealing with – the one that doctors can’t seem to solve, that’s stealing way too much of your time, energy and joy? I can help you get to the bottom that. I am passionate about using the best of science and nutrition to find and fix root causes of health issues. Start your journey towards healing and relief today.